The Salute! Winemaker Dinner will be another evening of fabulous
food and wine with a winemaker from Esprit du Vin Imports
and Maria Lombardi Siler will be the guest host to
discuss each vintage and give insights into
the making of the wines.
When: Friday, July 12, 2013
6:30 p.m. Wine Reception
7 p.m. Dinner
Where: The Oread Hotel
Cost: Tickets are $150 per person and are
available by reservation only.
Tickets will be available for purchase on June 3, 2013.
2013 Salute! Winemaker Dinner Wine Descriptions
Château de la Chaize Brouilly-en-Beaujolais (Burgundy)
- Château de La Chaize is one of the most recognized and best selling wines of the entire Beaujolais region, offering an exceptional price-quality ratio. Light ruby with purple tones, with aromas of fresh strawberries and raspberries. The palate has silky red fruits balanced by lively acidity
- Chateau Bellevue Entre-Deux-Mers (White Bordeaux) – With its white-yellow hues reflecting bright green tones, this wine is complex and pleasant with notes of yellow fruits, peaches, and mangoes. Château Bellevue is a crisp wine with exotic nuances which ends with a pleasant freshness.
- Chateau Lamargue Les Grand Cabanas Rose (Rhone) - Bright and intense rosé color with complex black currant and raspberry aromas. Dry, refreshing and nicely balanced.
- Trimbach Riesling (Alsace) – Bright pale gold with aromas of cinnamon, nutmeg, lychee and rose petals. Rich, intense, luscious and well balanced with a dry, spicy finish OR Gewurztraminer (Alsace) Bright pale gold with aromas of cinnamon, nutmeg, lychee and rose petals. Rich, intense, luscious and well balanced with a dry, spicy finish.
- Chateau Coudray Montpensier Chinon (Loire) – Robust scents of black fruit and vanilla. On the palate, fresh, elegant and refined, with soft, fruity, pleasing notes of blackcurrant and spice.
- Chateau de Malleret Haut Medoc (Bordeaux) – This magnificent, deep crimson wine has scents of fresh blackcurrants and blackberries. On the palate, there is complete balance with a perfect structure and a touch of acidity which rounds out the silky tannins. The fruitiness is present throughout, making for a wonderful clarity and a majestic finish.